[C++-sig] Boost.Python v2: A few small changes

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 01:34:13 CEST 2002

--- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> 1. The BOOST_PYTHON_[MEMBER_]FUNCTION_OVERLOADS macros used to expose
> functions with default arguments will not be available by simply #including
> <boost/python/class.hpp> or <boost/python/def.hpp>. Instead they will be
> moved to <boost/python/overloads.hpp>

Even though I am working with the latest RC_1_29_0 branch I do not have to
include overloads.hpp to use the OVERLOADS macros. Could this be due to an
oversight? -- Here is the preprocessor output of one of my files:

http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/tmp/regression_test_module_cpp_gcc_preprocessed

> 2. The module class is officially disappearing, for real. I'm going to keep
> module.hpp, but only so I can do:
>
>     #include <boost/python/module_init.hpp>
>     #define BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT
>
> BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE_INIT will continue to be available but deprecated for
> Boost 1.29.0, but the "official" macro will be BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE.

So which file do I have to include in the future? Like this?

#include <boost/python/module.hpp>

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(my_extension)

Will module_init.hpp eventually go away?

Thanks,
        Ralf