[C++-sig] Internal compiler error with VC 6.0 and 7.0

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 14:14:24 CET 2002

--- "Paul F. Kunz" <Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> If I comment out the for loop at the end of
> from_python_sequence::convertible() member function of Ralf's code,
> both VC++ 6.0 and 7.0 compile the code and it runs.
>
> Any suggestions on what to do next?

This looks like one of these nasty trial-and-error code rearrangement jobs that
I have already wasted uncounted hours with. Apparently you don't need
check_convertibility_per_element(). I know this is not really an answer, but
I'd just leave it alone until I actually need the code the compiler chokes on.
Maybe you can use VC++ 7.1 by the time the need arises and you have saved
yourself some frustration.

If I had to bite that bullet I'd first try to narrow the #ifdef down to a
smaller piece of code, then work on that ...

If you find a code-rearrangement that works for you please post to this list.
I'll patch the scitbx code accordingly.

Ralf