[C++-sig] container_conversions.h with VC7

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 20:14:48 CET 2002

--- Achim Domma <achim at procoders.net> wrote:
> scitbx::boost_python::container_conversions::from_python_sequence<
>    std::list<Magick::Image>,
>    scitbx::boost_python::container_conversions::linked_list_policy>();

My regression test with std::list<double> doesn't cause any problems with VC7.

> Which details do you want to know about the ICE?

The output from the compiler could be useful.

I'd try this:

To test if the ICE is connected to differences in the use of compiler options,
replace Magick::Image by double. If double works, put back the Magick::Image
and then keep rearranging the code in the container conversions header until it
works (e.g. break up the statements, dispatch to a new function to do part of
the work, anything else you can think of). Send me the revised header once it
works for you.

Ralf