[C++-sig] fatal error C1204: compiler limit : internal structure overflow

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Thu Nov 7 03:11:21 CET 2002

I'm getting the above error when I added a new class to my
BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE section. The error
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore
/html/vcerrFatalErrorC1204.asp) indicates that my sources are too
complex and need to be simplified (so far I'm only wrapping 8 classes, 5
of which are template specializations). How can I make MSVC happy?

 - Is it possible to split a BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE across several files?
   (I couldn't find any exmples in the docs, and looking at
module_init.hpp
   I don't think it is possible).
 - Can I create multiple extensions (it isn't clear to me how I would
   use classes exposed in one module from another...)
 - Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- bjorn