[C++-sig] cannot return boost::python::tuple

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Thu May 30 15:36:22 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at yahoo.com>

> This works great, too.
>
> And, cool, this works, too:
>
>   boost::python::module("any")
>     .setattr("__version__", boost::python::make_ref("1.2.3"));
>
> What keeps you from including make_ref in reference.hpp?

One reason is the best V2 interface to boost::python:;reference has not
been settled. A few of these things require just a little consideration.
For one thing, the name should change, at least to make_reference(), since
"ref" is going to be deprecated in favor of reference<>.

> P.S.: Did you notice my "constructor wrapper" question?

I did. I'll try to answer it later today.

-Dave