[C++-sig] version confusion

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Sat May 11 17:23:07 CEST 2002

From: "Achim Domma" <achim.domma at syynx.de>

> Hi,
>
> some weeks bevor, I gave up using the new version of boost.python due to
> problems using jam. Today I started from scratch and was able to build
the
> cvs version of boost. But now I'm confused about which version I have !?

You have (most of) both. V1 and V2 coexist in the Boost CVS at the moment.

> There is only one library, but it must be version 1, so how/where do I
get
> version 2 ? What are my next steps to play with version 2 ?

update the boost/mpl directory on the mpl-development branch. From the
boost root:

  cvs update -rmpl-development boost/mpl

To build/run v2 and its tests, in libs/python/test invoke:

  bjam -sTOOLS=msvc test

The source files used in the tests show some examples of how the library
works. Look for the bpl-test rule invocations in libs/python/test/Jamfile,
from which the source file names should be obvious. The docs under
development are in libs/python/doc/v2.

HTH,
-Dave