[C++-sig] Boost.Python v2: implicit conversion support

Martin Casado casado2 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 29 17:42:26 CET 2002

> --- David Abrahams <david.abrahams at rcn.com> wrote:
> > Support for C++ implicit conversions has now been added to the v2
> > codebase. Please see libs/python/test/implicit.* for examples.
>
> Cool!
> Could this mechanism also be used to convert, e.g., python tuples
> to std::vector?

Ralf,

  I wrote a conversion mechanism for python sequence types to c++
  container types using boost type coersion.  It works pretty well,
  however I was having troubles with recursive types, i.e. lists of
  lists and haven't had the time to look back into that.  If you are
  interested I can forward you my code.

                    ~~m