[C++-sig] What's wrong here? (BPL V2)

Dominic Sacré bugcreator at gmx.de
Fri Jun 14 02:10:02 CEST 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 23:53, David Abrahams wrote:
> It is possible that an exception is being thrown, but never caught.
> Possible causes are as described above (hmm, the extractor used for
> explicit conversions by users should probably not do this check. What
> happens when you construct an additional handle<> to hold the source
> object, just to force an additional reference?), and also that no
> lvalue from_python converter is registered for the pointee type.

Ah, you're right, it's indeed an exception I didn't catch:
ReferenceError: Attempt to return dangling internal reference

Constructing an additional handle<> doesn't change anything, I still get
the same error...

In which situations would no converter be registered? Or do I somehow have
to register a converter myself? Should/could these not be registered
automatically, at least for simple classes?

    Dominic