[C++-sig] (no subject)

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Tue Jun 11 02:31:07 CEST 2002

From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net>

> Is CVS the best source of Boost for starting a new python wrapping
project?

It depends how much stability you require.
Also, if you are working with Boost.Python v1, I would definitely recommend
NOT using the CVS, since it is essentially unchanged since 1.28.0

However, I would recommend starting with Boost.Python v2 if you're starting
fresh, since it has a future. For that you will need the CVS (HEAD plus the
mpl-development branch of boost/mpl).

> Is CVS kept "clean" (buildable)?

We try, but you can't test everywhere simultaneously. Also, occasionally a
checkin to another boost library will break part of Boost.Python.

-Dave