[C++-sig] Re: Re: sub module support in V2

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Sat Jun 8 15:23:20 CEST 2002

David Abrahams wrote:

> From: "holger krekel" <pyth at devel.trillke.net>
>
> > well, actually i don't know because i haven't tried. i am going to try
> > to use boost::python to wrap up parts of ACE (adaptive communication
> > environment)
>
> Oh, cool!

unless i completly blow up :-)

> > putting it all together with SCons.
>
> Doubly cool!
>
> > Maybe after my first
> > attempts i can say if there any advantages on either side :-)
>
> I suppose you mean SCons/bjam? Each has its strengths.

No, i meant submodules as separate library objects or packed into one.
btw, is there any nice comparison about SCons/bjam? or does anyone
offer a 4++ line comparison? I have worked mostly with 'make' in the
past...

> > btw, when do you think would be a good time to try to use V2 "seriously"?
>
> Now would be fine; We are within a month of an official release, and all of
> the documented components are fairly stable.

hahaha ... (tricky definition of stable :-)
i'll take a closer look at the documentation then.

> > i am willing to bleed but not to die :-)
>
> Neither is required ;-)

but optional &-}

cheers,

    holger