[C++-sig] Re: Re: sub module support in V2

Dave Hawkes daveh at cadlink.com
Thu Jun 6 02:20:15 CEST 2002

"David Abrahams" <david.abrahams at rcn.com> wrote in message
news:191f01c20ce8$5388b790> reference to the previously created one and give
more coding flexibility.

> I like it in principle, but the downside is that the absolute path to the
> module is encoded in the source. You wouldn't be able to collect arbitrary
> extension modules into a package later.
>
> Got a workaround for that issue?

It shouldn't matter as we just need to identify our primary outer module and
work from there, it shouldn't be too hard to create a heuristic to identify
'our' outer module in sys.modules. Whether it is just 'outer' or
'xxx.yyy.outer' in the module list would make no difference, we (in effect)
just append the additional modules to the end.

Dave Hawkes