[C++-sig] V2 Compilation problems

Adam Hupp hupp at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 5 02:48:14 CEST 2002

I've trying to work on Boost.Python V2 but have been having some
problems getting my project to build.  (My V1 wrapper works great).
When I try to link even a trivial example I get:

ITWrapper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
boost::python::detail::module_base::~module_base(void)"
(__imp_??1module_base at detail@python at boost@@QAE at XZ)
ITWrapper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
boost::python::detail::module_base::module_base(char const *)"
(__imp_??0module_base at detail@python at boost@@QAE at PBD@Z)
../../DLLs/pyImageTools.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

I'm building with MSVC 6.0, almost positive it's SP5.  I tried defining
likely things that I had seen mentioned on the list during the build
("bjam -sTOOLS=msvc -sBOOST_PYTHON_DYNAMIC_LIB -sBOOST_PYTHON_V2"), but
no change.

Another issue I've been having is that I cannot chain statements
like in the v2 examples.  That's not really a big deal, but I wonder if
it's a problem with my setup or a MSVC problems?