[C++-sig] usable state of boost::python v2 ?

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Fri Jul 19 14:47:52 CEST 2002

From: "Srivatsan Raghavan" <vraghavan at cnmnetwork.com>

> hello everyone..
> i've just started a project at work using boost::python v1 (i've posted
> a few questions on
> this on the boost-users list)
> and i was wondering about the status of v2 and it's usability?

A number of people are already using it in significant projects. It's very
close to being released, in fact.

> i've only just started the project so i've not yet written much code so
> if v2 is near completion, or has significant feature changes,

Both of those are true.

> or would
> make my job easier i'd be willing to convert now ..

I would recommend it.

> but the docs i've found are obviously sparse currently..

That's one of the things that needs to be handled before v2 can be
released. We have lots of reference documentation (though it's not complete
yet), but no tutorial docs.

Getting started instructions are at:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-May/001100.html

HTH,