[C++-sig] trouble with virtual methods

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 01:13:55 CET 2002

--- Hugo van der Merwe <s13361562 at bach.sun.ac.za> wrote:
> OK, I'm eager to do that, but I need some tips ... I don't know much
> about debugging Python Extension modules. I did some searches, and it
> looks quite complex. Especially a step-by-step guide I saw for Win32.
> I'm using Linux, anyway. Hoping things have become easier, can you point
> me in a direction where I can learn how to debug extensions?

I have given up on reading debugger manuals because we have too many
platforms. Here is my secret weapon for debugging extensions:

#include <iostream>
#define CheckPoint std::cout << __FILE__ << "(" << __LINE__ << ")" << std::endl

<< std::flush

Keep inserting

CheckPoint;

in your code to narrow down the problem.

Ralf