[C++-sig] Boost.Python and lifetime of instances of C++ classes

Hugo van der Merwe s13361562 at bach.sun.ac.za
Thu Jan 24 23:35:21 CET 2002

> When you pass a shared_ptr to Python, you have a
> ref-counted object (shared_ptr, please read the docs!)
> inside another ref-counted object (PyObject).

Thanks for the answers you've given to all my queries so far. I do'nt
mean to take your time away from developing Boost.Python V2. Don't let
me do it for no good reason. This is the last email in this thread. (And
the other.)

> Have you looked at the section about cross-module support?

Sorry about not reading the docs. Didn't know I had so much of it
already, really bad of me for not first searching for it. I'll make
myself scarce for the next few days, or more. (Got lotsa reading to do
;) This is the second time this week I missed a relevant section that
was right under my nose.

> grep for "error_already_set" in the example directory.

Thanks. That's basically all my questions answered. (Though some answers
were rtfm - though in a much more polite way. I should've gotten an rtfm
right at the start though ;)

Bye for now,
Hugo