[C++-sig] multiply defined to_python_converter

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 01:46:27 CET 2002

--- "Langston, Matthew David" <langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> How do I work around this problem of "multiply defined to_python_converter"?

If your converter is doing exactly the same work as the other one simply don't
register it.

If they are doing different things you have a problem because Boost.Python's
type conversion registry is global. This is an essential feature. Otherwise
bindings established by module A could not be used in module B and vice versa
(this is actually how early versions of Boost.Python used to work).

Hm, I guess the situation is similar to, say, assigning IP addresses. There has
to be some kind of protocol that everybody has to adhere to in order to avoid
conflicts.

Ralf