[C++-sig] linking on linux with gcc 3.2 takes very long

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Mon Dec 9 19:00:46 CET 2002

Hi,

since today I have a RedHat 8 system to compile my code on, but the final
linking step takes much to long. I'm waiting now for about 30 minutes (only
linking). If I remember correctly there was already a thread about this, but
I could not find it on google. Is there something I can do?

The linux maschine is a Dell P4 with 2.5 Ghz/512MB. My windows maschine is a
P3 with 800Mhz/512MB and it works without problems there!?

regards,
Achim