[C++-sig] Progress towards "the Dave Hawkes ideal"

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Aug 20 02:48:40 CEST 2002

The module class is now unneeded for defining extension classes. See almost
any Boost.Python v2 test module in the CVS for examples; you can just
construct the class; it gets added to the current scope().

libs/python/test/nested.[cpp/py] shows an example of using a class_<> as
the current scope to produce a nested class.

Nested modules are waiting on an answer to this question:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-dev/1328496

Dave, if you want to take up the research on this again, I'd be more than
happy...

As soon as Joel gets finished adding the optional (default) argument
support, we can make the standalone def() functions which allow the module
class to be deprecated altogether.

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting