[C++-SIG] Re: C++ extension module crashes on Solaris

Steve Harris sharris at primus.com
Mon May 22 18:52:26 CEST 2000

Harri Pasanen <harri.pasanen at trema.com> writes:

> There is a buglet in the configure script for standard Python 1.5.2. If
> gcc 2.95.2 is used on Solaris to build Python itself, -Wl,-E flags
> indeed don't get passed to linker when python executable is linked.
>
> I've mailed a patch against this one to Guido a couple of months ago,
> which he accepted.   So if you grab the Python 1.5.2 from CVS the
> problem should be solved.

The workaround I found is to set the LDFLAGS environment variable to
'-Wl,-E' before running configure.

I also noticed that if you don't set the CCC environment variable to
something sensible (like 'g++'), the Makefile generated by
Makefile.pre.in for extension modules will fail.

--
Steven E. Harris
Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc.