[C++-SIG] Re: Problems building and testing CXX demo

Steve Harris sharris at primus.com
Tue May 9 18:42:51 CEST 2000

> Is this an issue with the order of things on the load line?  What if
> you move libCXX.a to follow rtest.o?

Well, after some rearranging, I did come up with this:

> g++ -L ~/usr/local/lib/python1.5/config example.o python.o r.o \
  rtest.o libCXX.a -lpython1.5 -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -o rtest
ld: warning: relocation error: R_SPARC_32: file example.o: symbol in:
        external symbolic relocation against non-allocatable section .stab;
        cannot be processed at runtime: relocation ignored
in                                  example.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to rtest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is a little better, in the sense that most of the references get
resolved. There's still than lingering "in" symbol.

> Sorry, we're all grasping at straws here.  I'm wondering if you've
> really built g++ correctly for your platform?

I appreciate your help. At this point, perhaps a clean rebuild of
everything is in order.

I've pushed on this discussion because I figured that others may
download CXX and go through similar steps. CXX looks like a great
project. I'd just like to get it built so I can start contributing.

--
Steven E. Harris
Primus Knowledge Solutions, Inc.