[C++-SIG] Beginer questions

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 15 03:54:12 CET 1999

This reminds me to call attention of the C++ SIG to the article in the July/Aug 1999 C++ report that explains that pointers to C functions and pointers to C++ functions are no longer type compatible.  This has serious implications for extending Python with C++, in that Python's tables expect a C function. Up to now it has been possible to just cast whatever to PyCFunction and move on; evidently some compilers will now start to object to that if the function in question is a C++ one. I haven't had time to look at this to see if I have a decent work-around.