[C++-SIG] Restarting

Andrei Errapart andreie at spam.ee
Thu Apr 29 18:21:52 CEST 1999

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Paul F. Dubois wrote:
[]
> >the C++ community.  I've been working with developer snapshots of egcs
> >for several months now.  10/5/98 was the snapshot that marked the
> >viability of egcs in my book.  I'm pretty sure that current egcs
> >snapshots will successfully handle code at the level of what Paul and
> >I have put up on this list before
>
> I tried about two months ago and it was close but no cigar...it lacked a
> standard library, for one thing, and support for virtual methods in
> templated classes. VC++ on Windows does work. But I share your optimism.

Recent egcs snapshots should handle virtual methods in templated classes,
at least the ones in the CXX. Don't know much about standard library,
but CXX was quite satisfied with the GNU c++ library. Well, I don't
work actively with python, C++ and CXX anymore and things might have
changed a bit.

Andrei