[C++-SIG] RE: [META-SIG] Terminating comatose SIGs

Paul F. Dubois dubois1 at llnl.gov
Wed Dec 17 19:22:31 CET 1997

Geoff's report that I have just gotten back to work on this is correct. I'm
going to want to get feedback on what I have done so far. Actually, the part
I'm working on at the moment doesn't even involve anything high-tech,
although I think eventually people are going to want the more elaborate
facilities. Here is a tiny example of the sort of thing I can do now, and am
going to want feedback on when I'm ready:

static Dict
test_dict() {
    // test the Dict class
    Dict a;
    a["hi"] = Stryng("ho");
    return a;
}

static PyObject*
ex_test (PyObject* self, PyObject* args)
{
    try {
        List a;
        Tuple t(args);
        for(Tuple::iterator i = t.begin(); i != t.end(); i++) {
            a.append(*i);
        }
        a.append(test_numbers());
        a.append(test_list());
        a.append(test_dict());
        return ort(a);
    }
    catch (const PyException&) {
        return Py_Null;

So I would appreciate keeping this SIG alive until we've had more time to do
this work.

Or, as Jonathan Winters once remarked to a circling buzzard, "Hey, clown, I
ain't dead yet!".