[core-workflow] self-approving pull requests

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Wed Feb 22 11:10:15 EST 2017

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 10:22 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - attempt to amend the original PR (see
> https://github.com/python/devguide/issues/129 <https://github.com/python/devguide/issues/129> ). That may not work
> depending on how the contributor has set up their fork and PR branch.
> - create a new PR and close the original one (with the corresponding
> subpar experience for the original contributor)

FWIW, I don’t think that creating a new PR and closing the original one is a subpar experience for contributors, particularly if we turn off the bit that requires reviews and just turn on the thing that requires passing tests. Having been in that situation it has never once bothered me to have someone cherry pick my change and amend it.

—
Donald Stufft