[core-workflow] Choosing a prefix/label for issue numbers

Ezio Melotti ezio.melotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:52:34 EST 2017

+1 on bpo NNNN
+0.5 on issue NNNN
-0.5 on bug NNNN

However I wonder if there's any way to change the automatic GitHub
links, or at least disable them.  Even if we agree on a convention, it
will take time to educate contributors, especially new or occasional
ones (unless we have a way to put a disclaimer in a prominent place).

I'm not too familiar with GitHub, but:
  * can the link target be changed (i.e. from github.com to bugs.python.org)?
  * can it be disabled?
  * if the corresponding issue doesn't exist, will the link still be created?
  * if it won't be created, will it link to PRs instead (once we have enough)?
  * is there any mechanism (hooks/bots/etc) that allows us to convert
#NNNN to an explicit link (i.e.
[#NNNN](http://bugs.python.org/issueNNNN) )?
  * if there is, can it be used on PR titles, PR messages, and commit messages?

Best Regards,
Ezio Melotti