[core-workflow] Voting on possible subdomains for the devguide

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Apr 11 12:50:23 EDT 2017

With part of the goal of moving to GitHub being to minimize how much
infrastructure we have to run, one of the long-term goals I have is to use
Read the Docs to host Python's documentation. But to get there we have to
move any "special" docs over first. That means relocating the devguide (it
also means relocating the PEPs, but that's another issue and is blocked
first and foremost by https://github.com/python/peps/issues/4).

Thanks to the work of various people we have
https://cpython-devguide.readthedocs.io/ so the toolchain for building the
devguide on RTFD is done. That means the next step is deciding on a
subdomain on the python.org domain to host the docs from. If you have an
opinion, go to https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/4 and leave a
reaction on the appropriate message.