[core-workflow] Getting help w/ testing Travis and CircleCI

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Nov 5 19:38:24 EDT 2016

I have set up https://github.com/brettcannon/cpython-ci-test to help test
both Travis and CircleCI as possible CI services so that we can start the
transition at an advantage instead of breaking even in terms of feature set
compared to the current workflow. (Thanks to Alexander Belopolsky for
initially looking into this.)

If you have experience with Travis and/or CircleCI, please look at the
issues and the configuration files to help test both services at their best
and submit PRs to that repo as appropriate. What I'm looking for is not
just the best build scenario coverage (i.e. as many compilers and OSs as
possible), but also fast solutions (e.g. don't bother building the docs on
every platform/compiler combo if possible). The goal is for PRs to have
good checks to make sure they don't break anything with those checks not
taking forever so that the turn-around time on PRs can be as fast as
possible.