[core-workflow] Reviewing/updating the README for GitHub migration?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 23:39:58 EDT 2016

By way of Twitter, I came across
https://github.com/nayafia/contributing-template/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING-template.md
today, and it made me realise something: we should probably add reviewing
and potentially updating the README as part of the GitHub migration.

The reason I suggest that is that with the way code hosting services like
GitHub work, the README changes from something people may read for local
development after they've already cloned the repo to instead being the main
landing page for the repo.

That means it becomes a good place to point out things like:

- the location of the main dev guide
- the issue tracker
- the communications channels
- the PSF CLA (and the need to sign it for non-trivial contributions)

That's not a blocker task, I mainly wanted to bring up the link to Nadia's
guide and the rest of the email is explaining why I think that's relevant
to us even though we already have the developer guide :)

Cheers,
Nick.