[core-workflow] Questions about the proposed workflows

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Dec 12 18:38:26 EST 2015

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2015, at 09:52 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
> >Honestly, to cut things short, I think we should go with GitHub and pay
> >them for enterprise support, if they'll take our money.
>
> This sounds like a pronouncement.
>
> I really don't mean this to sound snarky, but let's not waste Brett's
> time, my
> time, and the GitLab CEO's time if PEP 507 doesn't have a realistic chance
> of
> being accepted.

Maybe GitLab's CEO would see this as a challenge? To me, it just doesn't
sound like there's much difference in functionality between the two, and
then the vast name recognition of GitHub makes it the default choice.
"Nobody ever got fired for choosing IBM." (Beware irony. I think by now
it's probably been said about Python too. :-)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)