[core-workflow] Testing out proposed new workflows

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:22:34 CEST 2015

On 5 August 2015 at 22:05, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 August 2015 at 08:26, Brett Cannon <bcannon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Nick and Donald, do you think you can have such a test setup up and running
>> by October 31 (Halloween, 88 days away)?
>
> I'm planning to use Kallithea as my guinea-pig project for user level
> package management in Fedora, so this will be a good test case for
> carrying patches that haven't been merged back upstream yet.
>
> Since this won't need any of the integration-with-other-services
> aspects, October 31 should definitely be doable.

After merging a docs patch forward from 3.4 to 3.5 and hence to
default, I do have a related request for you or David, though: would
one of you have time to review the currently proposed options and
decide what we're going to do about autogenerating Misc/NEWS?

The status quo is already broken for Larry's "separate repo" approach
to release candidate preparation, and moving to a fully online review
workflow is going to make it broken in general. I suspect a moderately
unilateral "we are going to switch to generating Misc/NEWS <this way>"
from one of you is about the only way we're going to get over the
activation barrier.

Cheers,
Nick.