[core-workflow] Tracker workflow proposal

francis francismb at email.de
Thu Apr 24 23:06:41 CEST 2014

>> BTW. from a Non-Dev point of view:
>>
>> I just would like to be able to know how far or ready is a patch for
>> manually review and then commit.
>
> Yes, that's part of the goal of my making the state of an issue
> more fine grained.

IMHO it would also help to define what kind of work is "external" or
"internal" (from the core-dev-commiter point view). Then that external
steps should be, as far as possible, done (e.g. "ready for review",
"ready for commit") before the core-dev looks at it (she/he should just
do "internals": review, commit or reject :-)).

> [...]   The interfaces
> are all there, I think, to figure that out, but we'll need a bunch of
> code to tie it all together.

and python is perfect for that ;-)

Regards,
francis