[Conferences] PyCon CZ -- serving alcohol at sponsor booth

Tomáš Ehrlich tomas.ehrlich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:26:18 CEST 2015

Hello,
we’ve received very specific requirement from one of our potential sponsor. They don’t like the sponsor booths where developers can get t-shirts, other promotional stuff and talk to people from company. At last conference they saw that most of these booths were left without any interest.

So, they come up with an idea, that they would have a minibar, where they would serve a small and limited shots. They stressed out that they don’t want to get drunk anyone, just to meet people in their own way.

I don’t have opinion on either side. I drink alcohol rarely, so my opinion probably doesn’t count anyway. I’m open to all ideas: if they can keep it under control, why not. I’m definitely interested in PSF opinion, because PyCon is their trademark after all. The second very important opinion I’m going to get from university, where this PyCon is going to be held.

Question for PSF (and anyone): Would you allow sponsor to serve alcohol (in very limited way) at their booth?

Thank you for all responses
    Tomas Ehrlich