[Conferences] Which package do you use for your conference? - e.g.: Pinax-Symposion

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:11:07 CEST 2012

On Monday, June 18, 2012 at 5:09 AM, Alec Taylor wrote:

> Hiya folks,
>
> I'm considering getting my hands dirty in the development of a
> web-based conference system.
>
> Pinax-Symposion seems to be the most used one? - I've requested a TODO
> + feature-list here:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pinax-symposion/m1RtRy0O2Y0
>
> Of all the open-source conference systems build with Python, which
> would you recommend I devote my time to?
>
> All the best,
>
> Alec Taylor

Symposion Development/packaging/etc is partially funded by PyCon US and the PSF, one of the deliverables for the next period is final packaging/documentation for better ease-of-use for other conferences (this is in progress). Help is always welcome - PyCon 2013 will be strictly based on Symposion with a few plugins and skin for PyCon US.

Jesse Noller
Director, Python Software Foundation
Chair, PyCon 2013 - http://us.pycon.org
jnoller at gmail.com / jnoller at python.org