[Conferences] Add PyCon Ireland 2010 to pycon.org's list?

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:15:16 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 20 April 2010 12:14, Mike Müller <mmueller at python-academy.de> wrote:

> Seems to me that it kind of overlaps with EuroPython:
>
> http://www.europython.eu/
>
> Is this intended or accident?
>
> It's intended in so far as it's known about: as I recall Vicky had problems
in finding another date, and asked if the overlap was OK with us at EP.

On the basis that the Irish event overlaps just the EP tutorials, we thought
it was OK. As Birmingham is just a short hop from Dublin, people can attend
both events quite easily.

I guess, people would have to decide to attend one of
> these conference. I don't know if this a good idea.
>
> Well, it's not a good idea for EP organisers! I'd wanted to go to the
Dublin event, but now I can't :-(

FWIW, 11 people came from Ireland to last year's EP, and 2 of them have
booked for EP2010 so far.

Best wishes,
John
--