[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:53:11 -0600

>4) The tutorials took up the morning of the first day, were
separately
>priced, and were considered relatively successful (I think).

One thing you could do with the tutorials is create a good split
with the speaker. Say, 50%. But then the speaker takes the risk as
well as potentially reaping more rewards. The other 50% would pay
for the resources necessary to put on the tutorial and go into the
conference slush pot (presumably this would be a non-profit
organization, so it could help pay for things like projectors and
screens to reduce recurring costs).

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar