[Conferences-discuss] cheap lodging idea

Laura Creighton lac@strakt.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:38:44 +0100

When I live in the US and we organised the early HACKERS conferences
in the Bay Area (someplace near Cupertino, I believe) we rented a
Jewish Children's Camp in the off season.  People stayed in cabins.
There were outdoor events and there were enough indoor meeting
facilities.  It was dirt cheap, as I recall.  Good electricity as
well, because boy did we ever bring gear.  Just a thought.

Laura Creighton

(by the way, in case some of you missed this:)
The 1st EuroPython/zope Conference June 26-28, 2002 -- Charleroi, Belgium
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/europython
http://www.europython.org/wiki