[Conferences-discuss] Let's step back a bit...

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:27:56 -0800

> Let me ask Guido a couple of direct questions: Guido, do you want to be
> the point person for YAS (if not, do you want a volunteer for liaison)?

I'll answer for Guido, since I've been the point-person for YAS up to
now =)

1) Adam Turoff is closely affiliated with YAS (as a friend, I think, not
a director), and is on the list.

2) YAS has offered to facilitate the conference, as Adam mentioned in
the past.

3) Others have offered to facilitate/organize as well.  I don't want to
mention them by name without prior agreement, but I invite them to speak
up now.

Note that the YAS model is "dirt cheap" and "volunteer heavy".  This may
or may not be what best fits the Python community.  I'm especially
worried about the volunteer heavy part =).

--david