[Conferences-discuss] Printed proceedings?

Andrew Dalke Andrew Dalke" <dalke@dalkescientific.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:39:49 -0700

Back in ancient prehistory, before there were any Python books,
we took the postscript documents to Kinko's and had them printed
out and velo bound with.  I imagine that technology is still
available.

This means two things:
  - we could charge extra during early registration for those
     who want us to do it for them
  - everyone else who wants hardcopy can trundle on down to their
     local copy store and print it out.

I like the idea that paper submitters should send in PDF, so
there will be no issues with reformatting.  And couldn't we
pester the ReportLab folk if there are any problems?  :)

BTW, there's a copy store about a block or two from the Eldorado
here in Santa Fe.  :)

                    Andrew
                    dalke@dalkescientific.com