[concurrency] Inside the Python GIL

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:45:45 CEST 2009

Really? Is this the worse thing ever? How many of us building heavily
threaded I/O bound applications are truly hampered by this? Yes; this
sucks for CPU bound applications, that's been known since the earth
cooled.

I, and many others, have been using threads in python w/o issue, now
that multiprocessing is in core, when I do run into a limitation, I
simply swap out the imports in many cases.