[code-quality] pylint html replacement options

Mark E. Hamilton mhamilt at sandia.gov
Thu May 3 13:18:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

We recently tried to upgrade from pylint-1.5 to pylint-1.8 because of
some of the new features we wanted. Unfortunately, this upgrade failed
because we use the html output feature, and have for some years, and
that is now gone.

Is there a recommended solution for generating HTML from the results
other than 'write it yourself', as the documentation seems to indicate?
Some sort of converter that will generate the same style report as
before for us? I tried pylint-json2html, but couldn't get that to work.