[code-quality] SnekChek - Python Linter wrapper

Ian Stapleton Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:39:29 EST 2018

Hi there martmists,

The PyCQA is generally open to accepting actively maintained and used
projects. It seems that snekcheck is still in the early stages of
development and there don't seem to be many contributors at the moment. I'd
like to understand what value you would see in moving it to the PyCQA?

As for input, it looks as if you're using an explicitly private API in
Flake8 to wrap that utility. It's likely this will cause lots of pain for
you and your users as that changes. You might want to contribute to
Flake8's discussion of the design of a stable public API.

Sent from my phone with my typo-happy thumbs. Please excuse my brevity