[code-quality] Need help with debugging pylint tests for a plugin

Alexander Todorov atodorov at mrsenko.com
Tue Jan 16 10:54:51 EST 2018

Hi folks,
I've made several commits to django-pylint
(https://github.com/MrSenko/django-pylint, branch next_release) in order to make
it compatible with the latest available versions.

However some of the existing tests fail and I'm not sure how to figure out
what's wrong:
https://travis-ci.org/MrSenko/django-pylint/jobs/329526377

For example the failure about file "func_noerror_ignore_meta_subclass.py" reports:

     Unexpected in testdata:
              11: too-few-public-methods

At the same time if I execute pylint + my plugin from the command line I don't
get any errors reported:

$ PYTHONPATH=. pylint --load-plugins pylint_django
test/input/func_noerror_ignore_meta_subclass.py

No config file found, using default configuration

Your code has been rated at 10.00/10 (previous run: 10.00/10, +0.00)

Without going into much details about the code of pylint_django there's a
function which is supposed to suppress this message if it is triggered by a
class Meta: definition (standard thing for Django).

When running manually from the command line this error message is suppressed.
When running from tests (via pytest) the suppression doesn't seem to work. Any
ideas on how to debug further ?

Thanks,
Alex