[code-quality] pep8 / flake8 config files.

Ian Lee ianlee1521 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:50:16 CET 2015

Yes, it wasn't an exact reversion of just that change (though perhaps that
would be a better way to go about it).

The logic that you're looking for (if I'm reading this right) is that last
bit of the diff you posted (
https://github.com/jcrocholl/pep8/compare/1.5.7...435d1cbf995a659a82d1d4b42d25e3459556ef21#diff-429d64b260de27fe3688921a1592b3f6R1987)
from lines (numbered off master) 2041 - 2101. Namely, the former assignment
of ``pep8style = StyleGuide(parse_argv=True, config_file=True)`` used to
take the config_file=True argument and then ``process_options(...)`` would
use that to set the config_file to DEFAULT_CONFIG (now named USER_CONFIG in
master).

Does that clear up the piece that you were missing?

~ Ian Lee