[code-quality] Not Seeing PEP8 Formatting Errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 26 19:39:36 CEST 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015, Ian Cordasco wrote:

>> So that would be formatted like so:
>> https://gist.github.com/sigmavirus24/67268ec32d614dffbcd1

   Ex2.py has this formatting:

category = Column(
     Unicode(16), value='Environmental', nullable=False,
     CheckConstraint(
         "category IN('Air', 'Environmental', 'Health', 'Safety', 'Occupancy',"
         "'Water')"
     )
)

which is how I reformatted my code (now starting on line 85):

category = Column(
     Unicode(16), value = 'Environmental', nullable = False,
     CheckConstraint(
         "category IN('Air', 'Environmental', 'Health', 'Safety', 'Occupancy',"
         "'Water')"
     )
)

and this is what flake8 shows:

85:25: E201 whitespace after '('
87:13: E128 continuation line under-indented for visual indent

   flake8 seems to have issues also with how emacs enters a space. In lines
like this one

__tablename__ = 'permits'

it tells me there is a missing white space aound the operator. I delete the
both spaces and re-enter them and that error goes away.

Rich