[code-quality] Pylint reports, is anyone using them?

Jeff Quast contact at jeffquast.com
Wed Aug 19 01:46:04 CEST 2015

As a long time pylint user, certainly have seen this before, never found it particularly useful. In retrospect, a bit of a time waster for the consumer, too!

When a novice discovers this feature, they may be misdirected to attempt to make use of it, when independent aggregation and reporting tools that integrate with your VCS or CI are so much more comprehensive.

the 'coverage' tool forgoes all this complexity of reporting, yet http://coveralls.io — possibly written in another language all together — performs all such functions perfectly fine.

jq