[code-quality] inference stack overflow

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Oct 23 08:12:02 CEST 2013

On 22 octobre 21:13, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Buck Golemon <buck at yelp.com> wrote:
> > Can any of you all give me your triage analysis of this issue?
> > https://bitbucket.org/logilab/astroid/issue/7/very-long-run-time-and-or-stack-overflow

> I have no opinion about triaging that.

This sounds like a valid issue that should be investigated.

> > ---
> > Three less-important questions regarding pylint support.
> >
> > I've tried to discuss this issue several times on #pylint, to no avail.
> > Is that IRC channel actually functional?
> > I've tried to notify the ops that a logging bot has joined the channel, but
> > I don't believe the message was received
> > (http://irclogs.jackgrigg.com/irc.freenode.net/pylint/2013-10-18).
>
> Generally, if I were the channel owner, I wouldn't appreciate anyone
> inviting a bot to log my channel. That said, I'm not the channel owner
> so they may be fine with it. Still seems kind of bold to do
> arbitrarily and without having any ability to tell others they're
> being logged, especially when it's Freenode's policy that all users be
> notified.

pylint irc channel is unofficial and there is no guarantee of any maintainers
being available there for now. I personnaly prefer more asynchronous way of
communication such as email, but you can still use the mentionned jabber forum.
I'll update the web site about that.

> > The pylint website gives python-projects at lists.logilab.org as the mailing
> > list, but the README gives code-quality at python.org. Is one of these wrong?
>
> I believe when I launched this list with Florent and Tarek that PyLint
> said they were merging their list into this one. The website is sadily
> probably out-of-date. Thanks for bringing this up since I'm sure it
> will serve as a reminder to someone who can take care of this.

code-quality. Fixing www.pylint.org, as I guess that's the place you've found
this misleading information.