[code-quality] Flake8 News

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Aug 26 14:50:57 CEST 2013

On 25 août 09:36, afayolle wrote:
> On mer. 17 juil. 2013 12:24:46 CEST, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> >Yeah that's an issue indeed.  I would like to stick with a BSD-like licence
>
> Well, changing the license of a piece of code such as Pylint may not be
> that easy... There are several different contributors involved, and I'm
> not certain where main contributors  (Logilab / Sylvain) stand on this.

Logilab and I prefer to stick to the GPL mostly for philosophical reasons. If it
stands to be a limitation to Pylint usage and development, we may change our
mind. That being said, as pointed by Alexandre, there as been a lot of
contributors to Pylint for the last 10 years, so even if we (Logilab) decided to
change the license, it would take some time to do it properly by asking for
approval from the main contributors (supposing they would agree on the licence
change).