[ChiPy-announce] ChiPy June 2018 Main Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:08:01 EDT 2018

Chipy,

This month, we have a packed schedule. Travis Oliphant, the creator of
SciPy, NumPy, and Numba; the founder of Anaconda, NumFOCUS; and the CEO of
Quansight will be speaking at ChiPy.  In addition, the culmination of the
ChiPy Mentorship Program will take place as 10 mentee participates speak
about the projects that they have been working on over the past few months.
This will be an exciting meeting!

Please be aware that due to all of the activities this month, the doors
will be opening at 5:30pm and *the meeting will be starting at 6:00pm*. Be
sure to plan accordingly.

Thank you to TEKsystems for hosting us this month. Also, thank you to Zoro
of sponsoring our food.

*When:*Thurs June 14, 2018, 5:30 p.m.

5:30pm: Doors open
6:00pm: SPECIAL EVENT: Travis Oliphant creator of Anaconda and NumPy
6:30pm: Break
6:40pm: ChiPy Meeting Announcements
6:50pm: ChiPy Mentorship Program Presentations

*How:*You can RSVP at chipy.org <http://www.chipy.org/> or via our Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/_ChiPy_/events/250773361/> group.

*Where:*
TEKsystems
111 N. Canal St · Chicago, IL

16th Floor. Check in at TEKsystems table in the lobby.

*Thank you always to all our sponsors, including our Diamond sponsors:
Metis and TelnyxAlso thank you to our Platinum sponsors: Braintree,
Imaginary Landscape, Lumere, and Signature Consultants. Also, thank you to
our Silver sponsor: Markit.Please be aware of our code of
conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/
<http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/>*