[ChiPy-announce] Graphing library

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Thu Jan 15 17:42:45 CET 2009

Any thoughts on the most awesomest graphing library for Python?

I need something that's free of weird commercial licenses, obviously.

Simple APIs are preferred. Performance and efficiency are very important. The ability to create pretty pictures is a bonus, but this is first for foremost for utility.

Most, if not all, of the data will be time series.

I'm using rrdtools, which of course is very good for managing and graphing time series data. This may ultimately be the right course, but I'm wondering if anyone has some insight into some other options in the Python world.

Thanks for any input!

Garrett