[Chicago] ChiPy April 2022 __main__ Meeting

Joe Jasinski joe.jasinski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:51:10 EDT 2022

Hi ChiPy,

We have a great meeting planned for ChiPy this month. We have two amazing
speakers who will be joining our Live-Stream. This month, we are doing a
live-streamed event, but expect more in-person meetings in the future.

*When: * April 14, 2022, 6 p.m.
*Where*: Live-Stream
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_csacFnNtBk
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_csacFnNtBk>

*What: *

   - *Xpresso: an extensible and composable ASGI framework*
   By: Adrian Garcia Badaracco

   Xpresso is an extensible and composable ASGI web framework, inspired by
   FastAPI.

   It improves on FastAPI by decoupling the dependency injection from the
   request/response paradigm and decoupling the framework from Pydantic, using
   PEP 593 annotations. This enables many nice features, like a more flexible
   dependency injection system, concurrent execution of dependencies and much
   more customizable processing of request parameters and bodies.
   - *Introduction to GeoSpatial Data with Python*
   By: Craig Barnes

   Introduction to processing and serving Geospatial Data using Python. The
   talk will introduce relevant background information, common data formats,
   and how to create, modify and serve geospatial data.

Thank you very much to our sponsors including

*Gold Sponsors:* SpotHero

*Silver Sponsors:* Braintree, JFrog, and Zoro

*Bronze Sponsors*: Foxtrot

Please be aware of our code of conduct http://www.chipy.org/pages/conduct/

Engage with ChiPy
Website: https://www.chipy.org/